We believe the following principles must be adopted around the world for poverty to end:
1. We must find spiritual solutions to economic problems. Economic justice and prosperity will come about only when the essential connection between the spiritual and practical aspects of life is recognized. A satisfactory solution to the world’s present economic crisis lies in a profound change of heart and mind among many people around the world. They need to place a greater importance on the wellbeing of everyone everywhere.
2. The equality of men and women. Full equality and a firm sense of partnership between women and men are essential to human progress and the transformation of society.
3. Universal Peace upheld by a World Federation. Whether peace is to be reached only after unimaginable horrors precipitated by humanity’s stubborn clinging to old patterns of behavior, or is to be embraced now by an act of consultative will, is the choice before all who inhabit the earth. We believe that humanity can confront this supreme trial with confidence in its ultimate outcome.
4. The complete elimination of prejudice of all kinds. At the heart of this message is a call for mutual understanding and fellowship among nations, cultures, and peoples. There is only one human race. Prejudice—whether based on race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or social background—must be overcome if humanity is to create a peaceful and just global society.
5. Nature and the environment should be greatly respected, cherished, and protected. The world needs to stop and then reverse the damage climate change is doing. It is the poor that pay the greatest price for the changing climate.